2021 VIRTUAL SENIOR ShowcaseThe 4th year Theatre TCU BFA majors are raising money in order to support their first ever "virtual" Senior Showcase. In the past, the TCU Senior Showcase happened in New York City over Spring Break, jump-starting connections and generating buzz for our soon-to-be graduates. Since TCU is quickly becoming known for offering one of the best showcases of NYC's college showcase season, we plan to make this virtual performance an even greater celebration and demonstration of the talent and work of these students over the past four years. Help us send them off to their future careers with the highest level of support.
Each spring the seniors of Theatre TCU have the opportunity go to New York City and show off the skills they have honed over the past four years to potential agents, managers and other theatre professionals. Due to precautions against the spread of COVID-19, the seniors of 2021 will host their Senior Showcase virtually. We will most likely reach even more industry professionals in this new format due to the ability to send it to both coasts!
The Senior Showcase has always been an important last step in many professional training programs for graduating senior actors and musical theatre majors. It is hopefully the beginning of successful professional performance careers on stage, in television and in film for many actors, including those at TCU. In their final semester, the seniors work with industry professionals through workshops that further sharpen their skills and help them make meaningful industry connections. They also present a few minutes of material that is representative of their essence and expertise to invited agents, managers, casting directors, producers, musical directors and industry professionals and then make themselves available for callbacks, interviews, future auditions and representation.
Your contribution will not only help us create the highest level virtual showcase, but it will also directly affect a Theater TCU senior being able to start their career with a confident step. This experience has the potential to jumpstart a performer's connection with the agent that will get them on Broadway or in a movie. It also serves as a celebration of four years of hard work and learning that they now get to share with others.
Where will the money go?
Even without the restrictions due to COVID-19, this project is a large financial commitment in order to make sure the students are able to participate in multiple workshops and their invited showcases. All support will first go towards the hiring of a professional videographer and editor, to ensure the highest quality video showcase. Money will also go to offsetting the cost of Workshops with top-level Casting Directors from NYC, LA and Chicago.
We are beginning this process in the fall semester in the hopes to raise enough money by the start of the spring semester. We will be providing updates on social media as well as in personalized emails.
Here is a breakdown of the financial needs:
- Videographer for Showcase
- Video editor for Introduction Video
- Workshops with industry professionals
- Fees for agents, managers and casting directors
- Headshots and Lifestyle photos for students
- Administrative fees (copies, etc.)
Note that all numbers and items above are subject to change depending on the needs of the students
What is in it for Me?
Besides helping a Theatre TCU student experience this capstone experience, we are offering the following incentives for each donation level:
- "Star to Be" - Annie ($25 or more donation): Your name will be listed in the special thanks section of our website for all to see
- "Super Sea-Star Savior" - Spongebob Squarepants Musical ($50 or more donation): Your name will be listed in the special thanks section of our website and you will be invited to attend the Virtual Senior Showcase streaming dress rehearsal
- "I'm the Greatest Star" - Funny Girl ($100 or more donation): Your name will be listed in the special thanks section of our website, you will receive an invitation to the Virtual Senior Showcase streaming dress rehearsal and you will receive personalized updates from one of our Theatre TCU Seniors
- "Jesus Christ Superstar"- Jesus Christ Superstar ($500 or more donation): Your name will be listed in the special thanks section of our website, you will receive an invitation to the Virtual Senior Showcase streaming dress rehearsal, you will received personalized updates from one of our Theatre TCU Seniors including a Zoom session with the whole class!
See What Past Showcases Look Like
FOllow us here
Want to watch the story unfold? Check us out here:
Website: Theatre TCU Senior Showcase
Facebook: Theatre TCU
YouTube: Theatre TCU
Help us succeed!
You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, etc.
And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please support us and help make this happen.