We are looking for your support to raise $8,000 so we can buy 2 new 3D printers for the TCU Library Fab Lab.
- Tracy Hull - Associate Dean, TCU Library
- Brad Trussell - Innovation Collaborator, TCU Library
- Shelda Dean - Marketing & Communications, TCU Library
The Fab Lab opened October 2015 when the newly renovated west side of the library was unveiled. This fall we are opening an expanded lab space to support the increased demand that we've seen in the past four years. Since day one, the library has funded everything for the lab, including equipment and material, so students can use the lab for FREE. The four printers we currently have are getting old and need to be replaced. They have seen a total of 20,000 hours of printing time.
Two new 3D printers will help us in the following ways:
- We will have backup printers when our older printers break down and need repairs.
- Students will not have to wait as long to start their print jobs during peak times since we'll have more printers.
- We can keep the lab FREE for students.
where Will the money go?
- Equipment: Two 3D printers
- Materials: If we raise funds above and beyond our target, we will put the money toward filament for the printers.
Find us here
Throughout the campaign we will provide updates a couple times a week on our fundraising progress via social media, so follow us to find out how we're doing!
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TCULibrary/
- Twitter - @TCULibrary
- Instagram - @TCULibrary
Help us succeed!
You don't need to give money to help us succeed (although we'd love it if you did)! But please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, etc. THANKS!