A short summary of your project
The TCU Ice Hockey Club is trying to raise at least $8,000 to cover the cost of an entire new set of uniforms. This will allow the club to have uniforms that comply with TCU's licensing standards, an issue that the previous uniforms faced.
Who are you?
-Owen Roche - Club President, junior sports broadcasting major, 3 year veteran of the team, Goaltender
-Pat Kurcz - Club Vice President, junior fashion merchandising major, 2 year veteran of the team, Defenseman
-Evan jones - club vice president, sophomore fashion merchandising and business major, 2 year veteran of the team, Forward
About to begin its eighth season, the TCU Ice Hockey Club is one of only 10 college club ice hockey teams in the state of Texas. The team competes in the Texas Collegiate Hockey Conference (TCHC) as a part of the American Collegiate Hockey Association (ACHA) at the Division II level.
The team is being required by to get all new uniforms after the old uniforms were determined to be out of compliance with TCU's licensing standards. This added cost of new uniforms adds to an already large list of fees and dues the club must pay. These fees and dues include league dues, ice rental fees, locker room rental fees, referee fees, scorekeeper fees, travel costs, and more. Clearly, this adds an added stress onto each member of the club, as the players are responsible for covering these costs.
By supporting the cost of these new uniforms, you will be helping the TCU Ice Hockey team continue its operations within a reasonable budget. One of the main issues the team faces is losing potential players due to the high cost of participating in the club. As a donor, you will know that your gift has helped students continue to play the game they love at the college level.
Where will the money go?
- The funding raised in this campaign will go directly towards the payment for the entire new uniforms the team will be getting for the upcoming season. This includes performance material, stitched jerseys with all new logos and lettering to comply with TCU's licensing standards. It also includes performance material hockey socks (for over the players' shin pads) to complete the uniform.
- Any extra funds raised will go towards ice rental fees and travel fees. Ice time is, by far, the club's highest expense, and the club is also being required to pay more for ice time this year than in any previous year. The club is also traveling across the state to El Paso this season for a weekend series, and therefore some of any extra funds will go towards funding that trip.
- Updates on the campaign's progress will be given once a week on the club's Facebook and Instagram pages.
Find us here
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates on the campaign as well as other TCU Ice Hockey content!
Help us succeed!
- Please help the TCU Ice Hockey team in any way possible! Whether you donate or simply spread the word about our campaign, the team appreciates all the support!
- Make sure to keep up with the team on social media for the link to the donation page and updates on the campaign's progress - and don't forget to share!